波止場のワークショップ2019 参加者からの 'Reflection' です。
1. What I Did
I listened with ears, with eyes, with body, with mind, with heart.
I spoke with words, but also with my face, my hands, my body, and my heart.
I learnt new languages (especially the Japanese language), new cultures, new body vocabularies, ideas, concepts, structure, and creation method.
2. What I Will Do
On a personal level, I will practise the exercises learnt such as banana roll, breathing exercise and awareness of space. I will keep the spirit of wharf workshop in my heart and continue to explore and cross borders (country/generation/genre/tradition & contemporary/east & west).
Moving forward, I will share what I have learnt with fellow Singaporean artists, and with the students I am currently teaching. I hope to start small local projects with my students, and also fellow Singaporean artists.
Moving further, I hope to engage the other participants at Wharf workshop and initiate dialogues and collaboration work in their countries as well as in Singapore.
2a) Teaching work
- Collaboration project between secondary school students and students with special needs (3-session workshop in 2019, combined performance in 2020)
- Collaboration with artists from other art forms or other disciplines (e.g. martial arts, sports) to create the student performance in 2020
2b) Sharing session with Shelter members in 2019
- Content of wharf workshop
- Upcoming events like Dance Improvisation II at Yokohama Wharf
- Existing networks within wharf participants and possibilities for collaboration
2c) Personal projects
- Seniors / Babies
- Dream School
- 好Hougang (Hougang is the area where I live)
3. What I Want to Ask
To myself: What legacy do I want to leave behind?
To Makoto: What do you hope to see 100 years later?